Good in native gardens and areas where there is a lot of leaf drop. The varied texture of this leaf mulch can help hold it stable on landscape slopes.
The benefits of mulching
- Organic mulch aids with water retention in the soil by preventing sun-drying.
- Helps suppress weed growth.
- Increases organic matter in the soil and therefore micro-organisms.
- Helps produce rich, healthy soils. This mulch composts quite quickly.
- Adds colour and texture to the landscape and creates a pleasant aesthetic.
Recommended surface coverage is 75-100mm. One cubic metre (1m³) will cover 10m² at a depth of 100mm.
Thomson’s Leaf Mulch is sold by the cubic metre (m³) or bulker bags (1m³, 3/4m³, and 1/2m³ capacities).
Read our blog article for more information on adding mulch to your garden.
*Note: Most mulches are bi-products of timber production and therefore naturally occurring, colour and size variations are common from load to load. If you want to maintain a consistent appearance across your entire garden, be sure to purchase sufficient volume in one batch.